We publish all helpful customer reviews, including negative reviews - these are genuine!
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: Omega Smart Bites
- Boys happily squirt them but chewy outter not liked Review by RGL Mama
These omega smart bites have good daily intake amount of omega in them.
Our boys love the fish shape the bites are made as. However the chewable outer didn't go down well with them. It is very chewy!
But both boys (4) and (7) are more than happy to cut of the tail and have "who can squeeze it all into their mouth first" competitions. The actual oil goes down well with no after taste complaints.
(Posted on 31/01/17)
- Highest DHA content for money Review by Anuschka
The bad: these capsules are definitely less delicious than some other brands on the market for kids. It may be an issue getting the kids to take them. The casing is very plasticky and the contents very oily - not fishy, but the texture is oily, unlike some others that have been processed to be quite creamy. Tip: the casing is like plastic at first but if you keep chewing at it, it releases a fruity aroma that leaves a pleasant aftertaste, that you'd miss out on if you spit out the casing or squirt out the oil. The good: the DHA contents, and that's the important stuff, is much higher than in most products, and as such the product is very good value for money. The DHA content is in fact higher than in some adult Omega 3 products, so I chew these as well as my kids.
(Posted on 7/09/14)
- The only fish bites I could find th... Review by Lois
The only fish bites I could find that are tasty, and that contain good amounts of both DHA and EPA. Must add that HealthPost never fail to deliver when it comes to great prices, knowledgeable staff and getting my order to Auckland the day after I have placed it.
(Posted on 18/03/14)
- Unfortunately both my kids had one ... Review by Sandra
Unfortunately both my kids had one & spat them out. Said they were gross so I wont be buying them again.
(Posted on 18/12/13)
- I think these are great! Our 3 year... Review by Suzie
I think these are great! Our 3 year old thinks they are yummy and willingly takes them. He's not so fond of the casing but I cut the end of the tail off and either squirt it into his mouth or onto a spoon. We really notice a difference in his concentration and temperament when he goes off them and have decided we shouldn't run out!
(Posted on 10/12/13)
- I tasted one and thought Mr3 would ... Review by Rebecca
I tasted one and thought Mr3 would hate it, the butterscotch oil bursts in the mouth then you spit out the casing. But I was suprised when he actually liked it! I'll be getting more.
(Posted on 28/11/13)
- I am a great believer of giving you... Review by Juliet
I am a great believer of giving young kids fish oil. My grandaughter has been on it since she was three. As she has got older finding it in a form she would take was a challenge and Smart Bites solved the problem. They help her with fucus and concentration. I have noticed when she is off them her attention jumps around and she can't settle to do her school work. I soon order more.
(Posted on 1/06/13)
- We love this fish oil! My kids ask... Review by RA
We love this fish oil! My kids ask for them they love them so much. After looking at lots of different fish oils, these seem to have one of the highest amounts of DHA.
(Posted on 30/05/13)
- Tasty tropical flavour? Not in my h... Review by Louise
Tasty tropical flavour? Not in my house. Sadly, neither of my children will eat these. Obviously wouldn't buy again. I tried them and agree the texture of the capsule is pretty foul.
(Posted on 12/06/12)
- YUM YUM YUM ... my wee man loves th... Review by Bronwyn
YUM YUM YUM ... my wee man loves these! I didn't think they were that yummy but he actually thinks they are a treat. I'm not complaining!
(Posted on 2/05/12)
- Omega 3 has been shown in studies to help normal brain development, behaviour, memory and learning.
- Natural tropical orange flavoured, fun, fish-shaped tablets
- Very popular, lots of feedback that kids like the taste
- A very high 350mg DHA and 73mg EPA per capsule