Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil 100 capsules$22.70
You save 30% ($9.70)
Healtheries Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsules$19.70
You save 22% ($5.60)
SaleSolgar Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 30 softgels$11.30
You save 32% ($5.20)
SaleSolgar Super Starflower Oil 1300mg 30 softgels$22.70
You save 32% ($10.80)
SaleNutra-Life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsules
You save 45% ($18.30)
Weleda Evening Primrose Concentrate 30ml$37.60
You save 17% ($7.90)
SaleSwisse Ultiboost Evening Primrose Oil 200 capsules$27.30
You save 32% ($12.80)
GO Healthy Go Evening Primrose Oil 1,000mg 220 softgels, 90 softgels, 440 softgels
You save up to $32.00
Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 90 capsules$15.80
You save 33% ($7.80)
Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Evening Primrose Oil 60 capsules$17.20
You save 21% ($4.70)
Efamol Efamol Primrose Oil 1000mg 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to $22.30
Pro-life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 100 capsules, 200 capsules
You save up to $1.40
Thompson's Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 300 capsules$50.40
You save 20% ($12.60)
Efamol Efalex Active Memory 60 softgels
You save up to $9.40
Efamol Efalex Softgels (Learning, Concentration & Eye Health) 220 softgels
You save up to $14.00
Efamol Efamarine 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to $14.80
Efamol Efalex Brain Formula Liquid 500ml
You save up to $13.60
Nordic Naturals Omega Woman - EPO Blend 120 softgels$48.50
You save 9% ($5.00)
NewGood Health Evening Primrose Oil 150 capsules$19.00
You save 30% ($8.30)
NewSanderson Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 220 capsules$24.50
You save 44% ($19.20)
Sorry, Out of StockEthical Nutrients Primrose, Fish Oil & Vitamin E 60 capsules$24.30
You save 21% ($6.30)
Evening Primrose Oil Info
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans as both food and medicine. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
All of the following conditions may benefit from supplementation with Evening Primrose Oil. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, consult a health professional before using EPO or any health supplement.
- Heart disease, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, obesity, asthma, diabetes and related nerve damage.
- Inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, neurodermatitis, lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS), scleroderma, alopecia, psoriasis, allergies and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Other degenerative diseases including breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, alcoholism, schizophrenia and osteoporosis.
- Women’s health issues such as PMS, preconception, preeclampsia, breast pain (mastalgia), fibrocystic breast disease, endometriosis and menopausal symptoms, e.g. hot flushes.
- Gastrointestinal disorders including ulcerative colitis, IBS and peptic ulcers.
- Skin disorders including eczema, acne and hives.
- Learning and behavioural disorders including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
- Depression and tremors from lithium use in bipolar disorder.
- Connective tissue disorders e.g. Raynaud’s syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Whooping cough.
- Male infertility and male pattern baldness.
Evening Primrose Oil Side Effects
- Within the recommended dosage range EPO is a safe supplement with very few adverse effects reported.
- Nausea, stomach pain and headache can occur if taken on an empty stomach and diarrhoea may occur at high dosages, indicating the need to reduce intake.
- Contraindicated for anyone with epilepsy because GLA increases the body’s prostaglandin levels, lowering the threshold for seizures.
- Contraindicated for anyone taking blood thinning drugs such as warfarin or aspirin due to the anti-clotting action of prostaglandins.
- If you take any type of medical drug it’s important to consult your health practitioner about possible drug interactions before supplementing with EPO.
I love the reviews on health post. I never would have thought to pierce a capsule and try it on my face, but I'm so glad I did. I've got the most sensitive combination skin ever, so it's a real balancing act to find products that don't upset the sensitivity, or cause dryness or breakouts. I use it every night, it leaves quite a greasy film so I massage it in for 2 mins, including under my eyes - it's amazing, my skin is so hydrated and soft when I wake up. Love it. I'm also taking it orally too but too soon to tell the effects.
The result is far beyond my expectation. My skin is getting better since I started using this product and there is no dark circles in my eyes after late nights anymore!
having taken this for years, very good product and price competitive.
Good Evening, Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. It’s not actually related to the primrose family, although the flowers appear similar. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans […]
Natural Antibiotics to Restore Gut Health and Avoid Candida Infection
What safe and effective natural antibiotics can you take instead of the harmful drugs? And what dietary supplements do you need to inhibit candida overgrowth and restore the health of your gut after taking antibiotics? […]
Please wait, processing your order...