Ear, Nose & Throat
We’ve all experienced too much mucous or other fluids in the upper respiratory tract, which often develops when our body’s natural immune defences are compromised. Sometimes we even experience too little fluids, particularly in our eyes during flying, while working in an air-conditioned environment or in the seasons where pollen is widespread.
Luckily, there are a variety of ‘saviours’ in the natural health product range, which are formulated to support the normal function and healing ability of the upper respiratory system and the body’s natural immune defences.
Herbs are truly magnificent when it comes to supporting the ears, nose and throat and assisting with a normal functioning immune system. Some herbal options include:
- Ribwort and Eyebright – used for many years by traditional medical herbalists to aid with balancing mucous secretion within the eyes, nose and ear regions, and to suppprt their normal healthy function
- Olive leaf – provides antioxidant support for ills and chills and supports immunity and a healthy respiratory tract
- Ginger – a powerful antioxidant to support the immune system
- Peppermint – supports clear airways
- Thyme – used to support clear airways and an irritated throat
- Echinacea – supports healthy immune function and recovery from ills and chills.
Other vitamins, minerals and superfoods can also help to support a healthy upper respiratory tract and immune system. Some other heroes include:
- Vitamin C – provides powerful antioxidant action to support quick recovery from ills and chills and natural resistance to allergens
- Zinc – plays a major role in supporting the immune system
- Manuka Honey – renowned for supporting the ease of our throat during times of need.
- Garlic – used to support a healthy immune system and to support the body’s natural ability to ward off ills and chills.
Whether it be oral herbal liquids, capsules or tablets, eye drops or lozenges, there is a wide variety to choose from for ear, nose and throat support.