Black Cohosh supports normal healthy female hormonal balance in the reproductive glands and organs. It is used as support for menopausal changes and to help during pre-menstrual period of the female monthly cycle.
Benefits & Uses
The fleshy root of Black Cohosh is very dark brown to black in colour, which may explain it’s common name, ‘Black Snake Root’. Black Cohosh is part of the buttercup family of plants. The root and rhizome are the parts used in herbal supplements.
Female Hormonal Balance
The primary female hormones, oestrogen and progesterone act as chemical messengers that govern the activities and function of the female reproductive system. Black Cohosh supports normal and healthy oestrogen balance in the female body.
Beneficial Plant Chemicals
Research has shown that Black cohosh contains a multitude of phytonutrients or beneficial plant chemicals. It’s believed that the synergistic combination of these plant compounds, rather than a single phytonutrient provides support for female hormonal balance.
Support During Menopause Change
Black cohosh is one of the most popular choices for women undergoing menopausal changes to support hormonal balance and comfortable menopausal transition.
- Temperature balance:To help support the body's temperature management in response to hormonal changes; to maintain comfort and coolness
- Emotional changes: To support balanced mood and feelings of wellbeing during menopause
- Changes in female reproductive organs: To support vaginal health, to maintain healthy vaginal tissue and support for healthy sexual enjoyment
- Sound sleep: To maintain healthy sleep patterns and for support during nigh time restlessness
- Healthy bones: To maintain healthy bone mass
Pre-menstrual & Menstrual Support
Black cohosh is used to support women undergoing hormonal changes and fluctuations during premenstrual and menstrual phases of the female hormonal cycle.
- Normal menstrual cycles: To support natural and healthy cycle regularity
- Balanced Mood: To support pre-menstrual mental wellbeing, good mood and feelings of calmness
- Abdominal comfort: Support during menstrual period of a woman’s hormonal cycle
Pregnant or lactating women should consult their health care professional prior to taking this supplement.
In very rare cases, black cohosh has been associated with liver failure. If you are experiencing yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, and/or loss of appetite, you should stop using this product and see your doctor.